General procedures for admission and registration
Learn about the student admission and registration mechanism at Aalborg Academy of Science
Registration documents and admission mechanism
- A general secondary certificate (baccalaureate) or equivalent, and the details of the original bachelor’s degree or certified copy from the institution from which the student graduated and certified by the Ministry of Higher Education in the student country and by the foreign services of the country of origin or embassies in states outside the country of origin.
- The original bachelor’s degree or certified copy by the Ministry of Higher Education in the student country and by the foreign services.
- Copy of proof of nationality (identity or passport) certified by the official authorities.
- Recent photographs (7) of the size of the passport image with the name of the student certified by the Academic office or his representative in the student country.
- A certificate of Conformity of the name in case of a disagreement between the names contained in the student’s certificates or documents, which must be approved by the official authorities or the Office of the Academy.
- A copy of the curriculum vitae of the student (for postgraduate studies).
- Writing the permanent address of the student and provide the offices of the Academy with all phones and e-mail address (if any) to facilitate contact with the student when necessary and to report the change of address or phone number immediately, and the Academy is not responsible for not being informed of changing the address of the student in the right time.
- The Study Fees paid by the student are not returnable for any reason.
- The Board of Deans of the Academy shall determine the numbers planned for admission from one year to another upon the recommendation of the dean of the faculty and the head of the scientific department of the faculty.
- The scientific body of the academy or the Office of Higher Studies and scientific supervision of the body shall organize the procedures for admission and final registration in coordination with the head of the scientific department of the Faculty.
- Applications shall be submitted with the required documents to the Registration Office of the Academy.
- In full coordination with the academic body of the academy, the Academy Presidency issues its instructions to enroll the student/students in the scientific disciplines of the faculties. The Office of Postgraduate Studies and scientific supervision of the body also opens a file for the student, and the head of the scientific department of the faculty in question shall nominate a teacher to the undergraduate student/students, a scientific supervisor for the master or doctorate student, securing the student/student electronic card, In addition to issuing Instructions for supervisors and followers of the distance learning method and the quarterly distance exams and (online) and determining the date and venue of the exams and how they are conducted according to the E-program.
- The General Regulations for the examinations in the Academy and methods of academic evaluation and the granting of grades shall apply according to the universally approved academic regulations and rules.
- The head of the Academy or his representative and the Office of the Academy in the country of the student may, according to the program, open the specializations that serve the student, and may cooperate with academic institutions or specialized academics from the country of the student to adopt courses that match these disciplines from the same country of residence, In the country of the student. It is considered to be accredited by the same academic institution, provided that the total number of hours required for the entire degree (132 credit hours for bachelor degree, 30 credit hours for the diploma degree, 33 credit hours for the master’s degree, and 54 credit hours for Ph.D.).
- The results and the degrees shall be submitted in coordination with the Office of the Academy in the country of the student for approval by the distance learning institution of Aalborg Academy of Science and the Scientific Department of the student’s college.
- The Academy shall be entitled to dismiss the registered students for distance education or to revoke the degree obtained when it is proven that they have submitted documents or incorrect information, and the student loses the right to recover any tuition fees paid.
- The Academy shall be entitled to cancel the degree of research obtained if it is proved that the applicant has copied another letter or copied part of another research without reference to its source or has falsified some of the research data.
- If the student withdraws after completion of the registration process, he is to do so, in an ordinary manner.
- Aalborg Academy of Science may authorize external offices to carry out some of the tasks mentioned in this Regulation list in accordance with the texts and agreement between the Parties.
- Aalborg Academy of Science may open or accredit offices in countries to communicate with students who wish to study according to the distance learning program.
- Any certificate of registration or completion of any other certificate not signed or stamped by the head of the Academy, in particular, is not approved and the offices of the Academy are authorized to issue and seal requests for support for graduate students in the country of the Office.
- The academy or its representative may postpone the date of the examination and academic activities in case of compelling circumstances beyond the control of Aalborg Academy of Science in the student country or under the fact that if they are held may constitute a risk to students, and the students will be informed of any new dates for the examinations efficient time to preserve their academic rights gained from the academy.
Methods of study and programs
- The Academy in the implementation of the distance education program (open education) and (regular education), follows the semester system for all levels of study.
- The Academy according to its academic laws and regulations in the two semester of the postgraduate studies, Master’s degree and doctorate, adopts the method of (the research exam) studied by the student in the subject of scientific research and sets the examination grade for success at 60%. To serve its postgraduate programme in Master’s and doctoral studies, aiming at developing research capabilities and raising the level of the student in his field of scientific specialization. In order to maintain the earning and academic level of the student in his field of specialization, in this case this examination includes all the examinations subjects prescribed in the two semesters.
- Language of instruction: Arabic, English, French, Danish or any other foreign language as required by the program in the country of the student.
The duration of study for The Bachelor’s degree is 9 semesters over three years, and between two years for the master’s degree with an additional semester. Two and a half years for Phd that can be extended to three years.
- Use of university notes and courses, selected by a competent academic expert committee of the Academy or by academic experts from the student country or allied University and in the same university teaching language as the student’s country. Modern teaching media and lectures are used to strengthen A one-or two-month review before the final exams, in addition to broadcasting electronic lectures (online) throughout the year, as well as practical training for computer specialties and information technology on a weekly basis in the evening times and official holidays with full academic supervision.
- Holding intensive teaching programs at the end of the academic year in the country of the student or any area determined by the Academy or the Office of the Academy, where these programs and lectures are implemented in morning or evening times through online programs.
- A regular quarterly study of the disciplines that need to be under the supervision of academic professors or the academic office and the allied university.